Whilst we want students to achieve the very best examination results, we also believe our curriculum goes beyond this. We ensure students attempt core and advanced skills, have the opportunity to develop components of fitness, alongside developing a positive mind set and resilience to succeed.
Our mission statement within the PE department is based around the following:
- Inclusion and teamwork
- Developing a positive outlook on, and adopting, healthy lifestyle choices
The department intends to enable all our students to experience the following:
- Opportunity to participate in Physical Education
- Provide opportunities for all students to achieve their potential in a range of activities
- Promote participation and involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Develop a life-long love of activity and healthy lifestyle choices
Students are offered a broad range of individual and team activities that encompass the development and refinement of skill and its application in physical activity. Whilst we want students to achieve the very best examination results, we also believe our curriculum goes beyond this. We ensure students attempt core and advanced skills, have the opportunity to develop components of fitness, alongside developing a positive mind set and resilience to succeed. We hope students should be able identify the types of activities they are suited to and make appropriate choices about their involvement in physical activity in school and beyond.
The range and breadth of the curriculum is designed to ensure we give the students an extensive range of activities so they will engage, be motivated to succeed while having a sense of inclusion at all times. The range of extracurricular activities is open to, we promote physical activity as being essential to improve mental health and well-being of our students.
The Learning Journey
KS4 Learning Journey GCSE
KS4 Learning Journery Btec
Year 7 Knowledge Organisers
Year 8 Knowledge Organisers
Year 9 Knowledge Organisers
KS5 Learning Journey A Level GCSE
KS5 Learning Journey Btec
Assessment Calendar - To follow for 2023/24
By the end of Key Stage 3 (core PE)
- That pupils will be physically active, develop co-ordination, control and body management, communication and respect for all abilities.
- Pupils understand the importance of a healthy life style through participation and experiencing a variety of activities.
- That pupils will be able to understand how theory and practical skills are connected which will prompt their interest to gain a further insight to the subject.
By the end of Key Stage 4 (core PE)
- That pupils can attempt more complex and demanding physical skills.
- They have experienced a range of activities that develops personal fitness and promotes an active, healthy lifestyle.
- Pupils recognise that regular physical activity that is fit for purpose and enjoyable which has an impact on mental, social and physical well-being.
- That pupils feel confident, happy and have developed physical skills that will allow them to foster a passion for healthy living and an life long interest to participate in some form of activity.
By the end of Year 11 a student of examination PE
- Understand the correct terminology across the subject.
- Develop the theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance.
- Understand how the physiological and psychological state affects performance in physical activity and sport.
- Perform effectively in different physical activities by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas.
- Understand the contribution which physical activity and sport make to health, fitness and well-being.
By the end of Year 13 a student of examination PE
- Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance.
- Understand how physiological and psychological states affect performance.
- Understand the key socio-cultural factors that influence people's involvement in physical activity and sport.
- Refine the ability to perform effectively in a physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas.
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance.
- To be able to research actively and methodically to prepare for set assignments.
- To be able to confidently give presentations to peers and staff.
BTEC & GCSE Newsletters
Sporting Achievements 2022-2023