Year 6 Transition
Dear Year 6 students
I hope this message finds you all safe and well.
The transition team would like to share some information and our plans for this year given the current, challenging , climate that we find ourselves in. We are very much looking forward to meeting you all for the first time in the coming months. Usually at this time of the year, we would be planning your transition days in July but unfortunately they will not be able to take place.
Instead we will host other transition activities, starting with our Pupil Transition Booklet, which we have uploaded for you. This gives you lots of helpful information and includes a fun task for you to complete over the summer – we would love to learn more about you all!
There is the Transition Literacy file which gives you information about our reading scheme, a reading list and a Literacy booklet for you to fill in from Mrs Cairns, our Librarian; and there is the Parent Handbook to help your parents and carers find out everything they need to know about Canon Slade School too.
You might also want to look at BBC Bitesize, where you will find lots more information and videos about starting high school. The series offers practical advice and emotional support to take the stress out of taking the next big step.
Please be reassured we are working very hard to ensure our transition arrangements give you the best start to life at Canon Slade School.
Mrs Iles, Assistant Head Achievement, KS3 and Mrs Easton, Head of Year 7
Please access the links on this page to give you specific information about the Transition process and if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact
or by telephone
- Information for September for new Year 7
- Transition to Year 7 September 2020 update 13 July
- COVID-19 Operational risk assessment for Year 6 visits
- How can you prepare for studying History at Canon Slade
- Transition welcome meeting
- Parents’ Handbook 2020 final
- Pupil Transition Booklet 2020
- 1a Letter 23 April 2020 – Confirmation of place
- 2 General Data Collection Form 2020
- 3 Uniform requirements
- 3a Uniform & PE kit list 2020
- 3b Footwear
- 4 Cashless catering
- 5 Travelling by bus
- 6 Form placement
- Home School Agreement 2020
- Music Lessons Information