Amy McKay, Daniel Gavin, Cody Caldecott and Grace Mullins, all in year 12, worked extremely hard to publicize a school wide cake sale to raise money for an Alzheimer’s charity. The response, particularly from year 7 and 8 students, was outstanding with many cakes arriving to A11 before school. After judging, the cakes were cut up and sold at break time to a very large queue of students who waited patiently for a slice of cake for a 50p donation.
Over £160 was raised which was truly remarkable. The chocolate prizes were donated by the 6th form team of students.
The winner were as follows
- Charlotte Redfern in 9B, the overall winner with a brain cake!
- Emily Holden in 7S, Poppy Fisher in 7R and Izzie Clift in 7R, were runners up
- Carmen Forrest-Rhone, for highly commended girl
- Dominic McIntosh, for highly commended boy
- Poppy Tate, for Year 7 highly commended
- Esther Ogunyinka, Amelia Smith and Hannah Fallows-Hale, for Year 8 highly commended
Congratulations to all the bakers, the 6th form team and the purchasers!
From Mrs Teasdale and Ms J Wilcock