SIMS Online Parent App
In order to improve home/school communication, we are launching the SIMS Parent app. Please find attached two very important documents which give detailed information and guidance about the app.
You are asked to read them carefully as they will answer any queries you may have.
Please follow the instructions carefully to activate your account. This email has been sent to all priority 1 and 2 contacts however only those contacts with parental responsibility will receive an activation email.
If you have a query or some feedback – please fill in the confidential form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the first instance please refer to the document Getting Started Guide for Parents
How to access the App
There was then a follow up e-mail on Tuesday from email@example.com, you need to download the app first, then follow the link in the SIMS email to activate the account, using your Google or Facebook / Twitter / Office365 etc. login details.
An example of the Sims email section is shown below – do not try to login using SIMS ID as this will not work.
Already Registered / The Invitation Code Has Already Been Used
The admin system says that you have successfully registered.
The Invitation Code Has Already Been Used
- Do not follow the link in the activation code e-mail, follow the instructions on page 1 of the “Parent App.pdf”, sent in the first notification e-mail on page 1, i.e.
- Open the app and login or go to the sims-parent website shown below.
IF YOU RECEIVE A TIME OUT ERROR MESSAGE, YOUR ACCOUNT HAS STILL BEEN CREATED. YOU SHOULD LOG IN ON THE APP OR AT http://www.sims-parent.co.uk USING THE ACCOUNT DETAILS YOU CHOSE AT ACTIVATION STAGE I.E. FACEBOOK, TWITTER, GOOGLE, MICROSOFT ETC.
- Once you have activated your account, you will automatically be redirected to the online version. If you require the app version, you will need to download the app to your smartphone or tablet from the ‘Play Store’ for Android devices or the ‘App Store’ for Apple iOS devices – search for SIMS Parent
- Once you have downloaded the app, click the ‘Sign-in’ tab and then click the provider that you chose at the activation stage to sign in with. You will see a ‘Select school’ page, which you can ignore as the app automatically recognises the school from the account activation stage.
- You can also login from a PC or Windows phone using http://www.sims-parent.co.uk
Can Access the App, but can’t see report
Unauthorised Access Error Message
This issue also tends to occur when two or more users share the same computer or device.
To sign out of the incorrect account, the user should visit the account provider’s web page (e.g. Google, Facebook, etc.) and select the ‘sign out’ option.
Close the browser completely, open a new browser window and log into SIMS Parent using the account details you used during the registration process.
Alternatively, try accessing SIMS Parent through a private browser window; this will ignore any other logged in accounts. This can be achieved using various browsers:
- In Internet Explorer, hold down Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard and press P.
- In Google Chrome, hold down Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard and press N.
- In Firefox, hold down Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard and press P.
- In Safari, select Safari > Private Browsing
SIMS Parent Privacy Statement
SIMS Parent Privacy Statement_30102017 (Adobe PDF)