Resources, Facilities and Borrowing
- Book loan 2 weeks
- DVD & Audio resources 1 week
Overdue items are charged at one penny per day not including weekends and holidays. Fines are donated to the library charity ‘World Vision’.
- 8 Desktop computers
- 13 Laptops
- Photocopier for student use (10 pence A4)
- Interactive whiteboard
- Silent Study Room
- Fiction (storybooks)
- are arranged in alphabetical order by the author’s last name.
- Quick Reads
- Fiction stories for students who may find shorter stories more appealing.
- Graphic (Graffix)
- Novels Comic books and picture versions of popular books.
- Non-Fiction (information books)
- are arranged by numbers, organised according to the classification scheme devised by Melville Dewey in the 19th Century. They are arranged in 10 subject areas- you can see these over on the right of the page:
- Reference books remain in the library and are integrated with all subject areas.
- DVDs for education and curriculum.
- Audio CDs a collection of popular titles.
- Newspapers Bolton News, Guardian, I. First
- Magazines for education and recreation.
- Careers Library support resources and guidance for education and employment
The Dewey Decimal System
|General Books & Computing||000|
|Arts, Leisure & Sport||700|
|Geography & History||900|