The annual scone competition was a huge success once again.
This the thirteenth year that we have held this event, thanks to Mrs Armston who donated the trophy in memory of her son Darran.
The competition was slightly different this year as only students who have already opted for Food GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition were involved.
The following students were chosen to take part in the final and they made a selection of delicious scones for the judges-
- Oliver Adams-Carrot cake scones
- Erin Blackburn-Dried apricots & chocolate chips
- Chloe Cooper-Orange & white chocolate
- Isabel Heyes-Cherry& chocolate
- Joseph Melling-Raspberry& white chocolate
- Lily Mullins-Coconut, raspberry & white chocolate
- Mia Pritchard- Banana & fudge hearts
- Isabela Rubery-Triple chocolate & mint
- Amelia Smith- Chocolate orange & raisin
- Flynn Stockton-Lemon & lemon drizzle
- Bethany Urquhart-Lavender & white chocolate
The winning scone was the raspberry & white chocolate made by Joseph Melling!
The standard of entry was very high and there were 4 runners up. These were Oliver Adams, Amelia Smith, Flynn Stockton and Bethany Urquhart.
We were fortunate to welcome several judges including Mr I Littlewood from Bolton college, Mr S Jones from Greenhalgh’s craft bakery and Mrs J Cruickshanks from Runshaw college. We would like to thank them for their support. They were very impressed with our students enthusiasm and good manners.
We were also delighted to welcome Mrs Sudwoth and Mr Spicer to our judging panel too.
Thanks to all who took part.