Featured macronutrients – carbohydrate (starch) in base and macronutrient – calcium in the cheese
- Self. Equipment.
- Open base or place on baking tray.
- Spread base with tomato or pesto.
- Cover with cheese.
- Prepare and add toppings and herbs.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Meanwhile wash and tidy up.
Bring from home:
Apron, tea towel.
To carry home: either a baking tray with a large piece of foil or a large box with a piece of foil.
Named carrier bag.
- Base: 1 part baked ciabatta loaf
or 1 ready-made pizza base
or 1 ready-made pre-rolled dough sheet
- Moist layer: tomato puree or passata or pesto (1-2 tablespoons)
- Cheese: 50g–100g (fresh mozzarella or ready grated, or cheddar or own choice of
- Toppings: optional (refer to your design ideas)
Green chopping board, vegetable knife, tablespoon, (tin opener and peeler if needed).