Featured nutrients – Vitamin C and fibre in vegetables, macronutrient – carbohydrate in pasta and fat in the dressing
- Equipment. Boil kettle.
- Cook pasta in boiling water, according to the instructions on the packet (dried pasta needs about 10 minutes)
- Meanwhile prepare optional ingredients. Place in your container.
- Drain pasta carefully and rinse with cold water to cool. Dry with kitchen roll.
- Stir in pasta. Taste hygienically and season to taste.
- Store in chiller.
- Wash and tidy up.
– cooking pasta, preparing vegetables
Bring From Home
Apron, tea towel, suitable container (plastic), carrier bag.
100-200g of pasta e.g. penne
(can be gluten free pasta)
(can be wholemeal pasta for more fibre)
- Choice of Dessing
– according to your design
E.g. ½ jar of mayonnaise
Caesar salad dressing
Honey and mustard dressing etc.
Extra ingredients of your choice.
Aim for at least 5.
Cucumber, radish, spring onion, celery, carrot, tomato, tuna, cooked chicken, ham,sausages,
fresh or dried herbs (e.g. basil, coriander), chilli, frozen peas, beans, sweetcorn
Saucepan, colander, vegetable knife, tablespoon, green chopping board for salad vegetables, white chopping board for cheese, yellow chopping board for cooked meats.