Featured micronutrient – Vitamin C (and fibre)
Skills used – fruit preparation
Serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serve as a starter or dessert. Rich in Vitamin C and fibre.
Part of your 5 a day
- Self. Equipment.
- Pour juice or spoon yogurt into your plastic container.
- Prepare fruits and add to your container.
- Stir and chill in fridge.
- Clear table. Wash, dry and put away equipment. Wash and disinfect work surfaces.
- A choice of fruits according to your design (about 5-7)
NOTE – no prepared punnets of fruit eg. ready sliced melon
- large fruits eg. melon should be cut and part of the fruit brought to school eg. a quarter of a melon
- one tin of fruit may be included eg. tine of pineapple or mandarins
- try to choose a COLOURFUL group of fruits
- most people bring an apple as one of their fruits
- Either 300ml of a fresh fruit juice of your choice eg. apple
- OR 500ml of yoghurt (large tub) – can be plain or flavour.
Green chopping board, vegetable knife, tablespoon, (tin opener and peeler if needed).