Recruiter / RG / ACC Bolton
20 Great Moor Street
Tel: 01204 364111
I am emailing to remind you that the Army Careers Centre (ACC) Bolton will be holding a careers presentation for all potential ‘Junior Soldiers’ and their families who would like further information about the Army Foundation College, Harrogate (AFC H). This is relevant to those wishing to join in by September 2020.
Please feel free to share these event on your schools social media sites, provided it is clearly stated that any student who is interested MUST let me know that they will be attending, which event they are interested in coming to and who will be coming with them (no more than two adults per student).
Only those students who are currently in Y10 or Y11 are eligible to attend – whether they have made an application yet or not.
Each presentation will commence at 7 p.m. with light refreshments provided. After the presentation, there will be an opportunity for further discussions with ACC staff.
It will take place at the following locations on the following dates and times:
Army Reserve Centre Bolton Wednesday 19th June 2019
Army Reserve Centre Wigan Tuesday 25th June 2019
Army Reserve Centre Bury Thursday 4th July 2019
It will consist of a briefing followed by a question and answer session lasting approximately one hour. The presentation will highlight the following:
- The career opportunities in the Army.
- The trades and modern apprenticeships available.
- Pay and terms & conditions (junior soldiers earn around £1200 per month)
- Educational opportunities: Junior entry satisfies the requirement to ‘Raise the Participation Age’ introduced by the 2011 Education Act.
- Lifestyle at the College: sports, adventure training, military training, accommodation, food, Welfare etc.
I look forward to seeing them there.