This year we celebrated National Storytelling Week by inviting teachers from the different departments to visit the library at lunch time to share extracts from their favourite books with students. Over the week forty seven students participated in one or more of the storytelling slots. Throughout the week stories ranged from funny, to being about endurance and stories which were linked to the remembrance of The Holocaust.
Thank you to all the teachers for their amazing storytelling and fabulous stories that they shared.
- Mrs Slade ‘Ruby in the smoke’ by Philip Pullman
- Mrs Appleyard ‘The enchanted ring’ a translated traditional French fairy tale
- Mrs Brae ‘The Boy in the striped pyjamas’ by John Boyne
- Mrs Foster ‘Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang flies again’ by Frank Cottrell Boyce
- Mrs Ball ‘There’s a boy in the girls’ bathroom’ by Louis Sachar
- Mrs Horner ‘ Once’ by Morris Gleitzman
- Miss Wensley ‘Life in a jar: the Irena Sendler project’
- Miss Byron ‘The Hobbit’ by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Mrs Corner ‘The Twits’ by Roald Dahl
- Mr Burton ‘Run baby run’ by Nicky Cruz
- Miss Buffey ‘Revolting Rhymes – Cinderella’ by Roald Dahl
- Miss Leach ‘Hour of the bees’ by Lindsay Eagar
- Mrs Eves ‘Downhill from here’ by Gavin Boyter